The 11th and 12th of December and, therefore, the CBO Days in Zurich are approaching. Given the high quality of the speakers that accepted my invitation and the number of people that decided to attend the event, in my opinion it will be a blast! By the way, if you are interested in attending the event, do not wait any longer. In fact, from the 80 available seats, 75 are taken.
Here is a preview of the agenda:
Tuesday 11th December
- 09:00 – 09:10: Welcome and Introduction, Christian Antognini
- 09:10 – 10:30: The History of the Oracle Optimizer, Maria Colgan
- 10:30 – 11:00: Coffee break
- 11:00 – 12:20: Query Transformations, Joze Senegacnik
- 12:20 – 13:50: Lunch
- 13:50 – 15:10: New strategies for Statistics in 11g, Jonathan Lewis
- 15:10 – 15:40: Coffee break
- 15:40 – 17:00: Understanding Parallel Execution, Randolf Geist
- 17:00 – 19:00: Let’s meet over drinks
Wednesday 12th December
- 09:00 – 10:20: The Evolution of Histograms, Jonathan Lewis
- 10:20 – 10:50: Coffee break
- 10:50 – 11:20: The Oracle Optimizer: Behind The Curtain, Mohamed Zait
- 11:20 – 12.10: The Oracle Optimizer: An Insider Perspective (Part 1), Mohamed Zait
- 12:10 – 13:40: Lunch
- 13:40 – 15:00: The Oracle Optimizer: An Insider Perspective (Part 2), Mohamed Zait
- 15:00 – 15:30: Coffee break
- 15:30 – 16:50: How the Query Optimizer Learns from Its Mistakes, Christian Antognini
For further information about the event click here.
Jonathan Lewis seminar topics looks to be interesting. Wish I was there in Germany.
Is there any chance to get Jonathan Lewis presentation slides for non-privileged guys like me ?
First of all the event takes place in Switzerland, not Germany.
Since Jonathan tends to reuse his presentations at several conferences, you have to attend one of them. E.g. the presentation about histograms was already delivered at OOW.
[…] the full agenda, see Christian Antognini’s blog. Leave a […]